The morning of May 19, 2011 was a windy, slightly overcast spring day in Rexburg, Idaho and yet from that blustery begining comes the start of a singularly memorable and special day in my life. On that windy morning I found myself at the Rexburg Temple and there I was blessed to receive my endoowments! I have been preparing for that day for a long time and even now, I can't beleive that I am an endowed member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was warned by many how overwhelming it could be but I didn't find it to be so. I wasn't always sure what to expect but there were friends and family close to help guide me. I loved the temple and already have plans to return and I hope to return often, every week if possible!
I never really understood before this experience just how much joy can be felt when one is doing God's will and following his path for your life. More than once in the days before I went to the temple I awoke so full of happiness that I jsut seemed to float and bounce through the day with an exceedingly great joy! Even now the thought of the temple and the knowledge that at any time I can go back fills me with such amazing feelings of happiness! Life couldn't be any better and I couldn't be anymore blessed than I am right now, I KNOW my Father loves me, He's shown me in so many ways as of late that this is true!

No comments:
Post a Comment