It's Never to Late to Have and Adventure!!!








Saturday, December 19, 2009

Who Turned Out the Lights?

Thursday night we had a huge blackout up here in the Upper Valley that affected people from Ashton down to Rigby, some even said parts of Idaho Falls, for those of you unfamiliar with the area, it takes about an hour to drive from Ashton to Rigby, and another 15 minutes to get to Idaho Falls so it was a huge blaackout. The paper today said it was caused by a damaged and malfunctioning part, or something like that. The power was out for over three hours, and as my Dad was saying it was "darker than the inside of a cow!" There was little to no moon so it really was dark when te power went out arround 8pm. Luckily we stayed nice and toasty warm next to the wood stove and we had plenty of lanterns and candles to give us light. It was kind of fun to only have candle light and was almost like stepping back in time.
I have been busy sewing up a storm making dog coats, I have even sold some! it has been kind of fun using my creative side to make each coat unique and adding little embellishments, buttons, bows and flowers to spruce them up! I am kind of sad because I start a job up on campus to help with cleaning the dorms and such over the break and I'm not sure I'll have any time to make more coats, I have been trying to get stocked up and made 14 coats yesterday alone! they are msotly for smaller dogs, as that is what my mom grooms and I have been selling them for $10.00 apeice. Perhaps what I don't sell this winter I will sell next fall at the local farmers market, if they hold it again.


I recently found out that I was selected to compete on my schools team at the PLANET competition in April, which is a very big national competition. I am really excited, yet nervous at the same time because last year my school took 1st place, so those are big shoes to try and fill. I get to compete in the Business Management, Interior Plant ID and Interiorscaping Design. I have alot of studying and preping to do in the next four months to get ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment