MERRY CHRISTMAS! As usual Santa was very good to us at the Pond household. I was pleasently surprised to receive a really nice Kelty backpack from my parents. I have been wanting a really good, women's back pack to take hiking and camping but hadn't found one that I liked, or that I could afford being a very poor collage student. It is a really nice backpack with cute little feminine touches like the little designs that are sewn on in places. I also got some movies and books and a fun little glass jar that I put the sand I brought back from California in with some of my favorite shells I found so that I can look at that and be reminded of the fun I had on the beaches! Thank you to everyone for the gifts, I was thourally spoiled!!!
One of the highlights of the morning was watching te dogs with their presents, they always know they also get presents and until they are produced from under te tree both Abbie and Cuddles sit in the middle of the floor witha worried expression on their faces and when we finally pull out their present they get so excited. I haven't taught them to open presents yet, I try but they don't get it. One of their presents was a bag on rawhide bones, Abbie picked one out and happily went off to chew on it for te next half hour. Cuddles on the other hand alwasy seems to think that there is one that is better than the one he has and he's not content until he's empited out the entire bag. Unlike past years this bag had a closure and so he spent te morning trying to tear into the bag and carried this bag that was half his size around. What a funny puppy!
My job cleaning the collage housing hasn't been to bad. We work in groups of 4-6 and it takes us about 20 min. to clean one dorm. We got a four day weekend, which has been great! We're all supposed to come back in on monday, though I'm not sure what we will be doing as we've gotten all the rooms cleaned already. On wednesday I was sort of in charge of a crew of six as I had the list of what we were supposed to do and the keys to unlock the apartment doors. We were going back through some of the apartments at university village which is married housing, trying to get everything spick and span for the new families moving in next semester.
My poor mom cut her hand on a broken glass christams morning, she didn't want to go in yesterday so my dad bandaged it all up but last night they got to thinking perhaps they should get it looked at. It was too late for stitches when I ran my mom in this morning but the doctor did give her some antibiotic ointment to help keep it from getting infected.
My dad and Jed have been busy all day installing my Mom's new kitchen floor. She has wanted a new floor for years and now she is gettting it. It's a linolum type material that looks like wood, it looks really good int e kitchen and is going to to great when they are all done! My mom is super excted taht she Is finally getting her floor!
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment