It's Never to Late to Have and Adventure!!!








Sunday, September 20, 2009

Coastal Clean-up


Well it's been another busy week here in sunny California.I learned some new tricks at work to make me more efficient in my take-offs. Saturday my roomie Nacolynn and I met up with a few of our ward members at the church before carpooling to the Back Bay to participate in an annual coastline clean-up. It's a statewide day of organized coastal clean-up. There were alot of people there to help pick up trash along the coastline. We were given a vest to wear that said 'Mormon Helping Hands'. We got alot of garbage and had a great time while we were at it.

We were all given a tee shirt, a water bottle and our choice of an isulated or a small compactable reusable grocery bag in thanks. I also got another bag at one of the other stands so now I have two reusable bags so I can help with lessening the use of plastic bags! The insulated one will be very useful I think. It felt good to be out and doing something good for the community and the environment!
The back bay is a very important ecological area. One of the main volunteers putting it on told us that there is this endangered bird that lives there, I can't remember it's name right now, but anyway 50% of the remaining population of these birds lives and depends on the back bay and similiar areas in this area. The back bay is where the ocean and river meets. It's also a part of the migratory routes of many birds and it's used by shrimp and certain fish to lay their young. It was interesting to learn about the area!
Back home my family was busy this weekend also! Jed, Corben and my Dad have been working on a car Jed bought for super cheap to get it ready for a demolition derby in St. Anthony, ID yesterday. Jed drove and one of his buddies was co-pilot. They did pretty good, though they got out pretty quick when they got stuck to another car, that's okay though because that just means that they can use the car again next year!
Grandpa Pond's birthday was also on saturday, I had a hard time trying to catch them at home so I could tell him happy birthday as he and Grandma were out running around town all day long! Happy Birthday Grandpa!

1 comment:

  1. Fun, Fun, I love hearing about your adventures. There is no perfect time than now to enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete