Well my internship is going well, I am learning lots of new things each day. There is only one other lady in the estimating department and she has been giving me lots of good information that is helping me to do my part of the job better, for which I am very grateful! I am getting faster at doing take-offs, though I always make sure I go back over everything before I sign off on it, just to be sure. We are keeping very busy making bids. There is this thick newspaper like book of construction jobs that they go through every day to make sure they aren't missing out on good jobs for us to bid on, it takes a long time to go through the whole paper!
Traffic has been bad this week, traffic jams almost the whole way. One of these days I am going to take the back roads instead of the freeways to see if it is any faster. The problem is that I never know if it is going to be a good traffic day, or a bad one. The best news of the day was that I made it to work today without getting lost for the first time. I have a navigation system but we sometimes disagree or I just plain miss my exit and then we (my TomTom) and I , have to figure out how to get me back on the right roads. I am learning though and after this, SLC traffic is going to be a peice of cake!
It is very warm here today, I was sweating on the way home. Luckily we have great ac at my apartment so when I got home, I quickly changed into shorts and turned on the ac. I've been eating lunch outside, they have a couple tables for us to use. The breeze and fresh air is always nice after being inside all morning.
Well, ta ta for now!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment